This course will run every Sunday afternoon and Friday mornings for a 4-week period.( Total Hours:24)
Course Dates: 8/03 2020 - 19/04/2020.
Course Session Times: 10:00am - 3:00pm
This course caters for beginner to intermediate level art students who wish to deepen their knowledge of basic painting techniques and learn how to design and complete a painting
The entire course will cover both theoretical/ historical knowledge of painting and Studio practice. Specifically, the course will cover the following:
- painting techniques, media, materials and processes
- basic colour theory
- historical contexts
- various approaches to painting
Over the duration of the course students will learn how to use appropriate art materials, techniques and processes to create effective finished paintings.
Students will be expected to complete 2 still-life paintings using acrylic paint during this course,
This course is suitable for beginner and intermediate level artists and requires no previous experience.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- have an insight into the historical contexts of landscape painting.
- understand the use and purposes of various art materials, media, techniques and processes in the production of a completed painting.
- apply their understanding of colour theory to their art production
- complete various copying and painting exercises related to their topic
- complete finished landscape paintings in acrylic paint.
Required Resources/ Materials:
The following is a list of the required materials for this course. Students are reminded that they are responsible for the purchase of their own art materials. (Please note that we are using Art Spectrum Brand products. You need not necessarily purchase the same brand but it is highly desirable that you purchase professional quality paints for the course.)
Materials may be supplied by the students themselves or may pre-order art kits from Gallery Elysium upon registration at a cost of $220>00
Please call us directly if you wish to pre-order supplies at least 3 days before the commencement of the course.
COURSE ART KIT
- AS Acrylic Pad A3
- XPRESS A3 REFILLABLE DISPLAYBOOK
- ASSORTED PENCIL & DRAWING MATERIALS
- Pencil tradition HB
- Pencil tradition 2B
- Pencil tradition 4B
- WILLOW CHARCOAL ASSORTED
- KNEADABLE ERASER -BLUE-SINGLE
- METAL SHARPNER DOUBLE -HOLE STAED
- XPRESS MASKING TAPE 24MM
- PALLETTE KNIFE -MEDIUM
- DISPOSABLE PALLETTE PAD
- MATISSE 75ML S1 TITANIUM WHITE
- MATISSE 75ML S1 IVORY BLACK
- MATISSE 75ML S1 BURNT SIENNA
- MATISSE 75ML S1 YELLOW OXIDE
- MATISSE 75ML S2 ULTRAMARINE BLUE
- MATISSE 75ML S3 NAPHTHOL CRIMSON
- RENOIR ROUND 2
- RENOIR FLAT 8
- RENOIR ROUND 10
- RENOIR FLAT 14
- RENOIR FLAT 18
- MATISSE MED. 250ML ACRYLIC MEDIUM.
- MATISSE MED. 250ML IMPASTO MEDIUM
A SOFT LINT FREE RAGS TO WIPE BRUSHES
In order to ensure maximum enjoyment and learning, students should note that sessions are designed to be taken in a sequential manner throughout the course. It is highly recommended that students attend all sessions.
If, in case of illness or other unforeseen circumstances, a student is not able to attend a specific session or day, Sanciolo Art & Design Labs may, at their discretion, offer a catchup session at a future time if required.
Sanciolo Art & Design Labs will not refund any fees due to students not attending set sessions or days. Please check our Terms & Conditions.
Electronic Device Policy:
The use of mobile devices such as mobile phones or tablets to access music or make phone calls is permitted. However, all devices must be set to silent at all times. No recording of lessons or art works on display at the gallery or studio is permitted without permission.
Food & Drink Policy:
Complimentary coffee, tea and biscuits are available to all students during the sessions. Students may bring food into the gallery (excluding chewing gum) and store their lunch in the refrigerator on the premises. Students are encouraged to bring their own coffee mug.
Commonwealth Bank Elysium Business BSB: 063-101 Account: 1395 1146
Terms & Conditions
Please make sure to read our Terms & Conditions